This is a quick tutorial to compile titan. Titan can be compiled in windows or linux, as it is pure java.
- openjdk in linux or jdk in windows.
- Maven 3.x
- I use Eclipse, need these plugins:
- m2e, it is a maven plugin
- subversive, subversion plugin
- egit, git plugin
- window builder, designing the UI, https://www.eclipse.org/windowbuilder
Step 1 : checkout everything:
titan is the openstack admin program. titan-server is the search to control the openstack. peter-swing is the UI toolkit.
Step 2 : compile everything
- peter-swing : mvn clean package install
- titan-rest-server : mvn clean package install
- titan-monitor : mvn clean package install
- titan-server : mvn clean package install
- titan : mvn clean package
If everything goes well, you will have titan.jar and titan-server.jar in “target” directory.
Step 3 : run it
- First, generate the titan-server.xml by “java -jar titan-server.jar -s”
- Edit titan-server.xml, fill in all your openstack passwords
- Run the titan server by “java -jar titan-server.jar”, add “-gui” if you want a UI
- Run the titan client by “java -jar titan.jar”
The compile process is easy and simple, just maven, no need additional script or whatever, if you have trouble, email me firstname.lastname@example.org, my name is Peter.
Option Step : Use eclipse to develop
Here is how my eclipse projects look like, if you have egis, just clone all projects into eclipse, you will see below:
Right click the project, you can build it by maven:
To edit the GUI, right click the file and open it by “window builder”
Then you can edit the GUI directly, see below:
To run the titan, do this:
read count : 788